- 3 Egg Whites (Room Temp, required)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 cream of tartar
- Optional: 2 TB Coco Powered or 1TB Vanilla bean paste
Note: It’s best to Not make these while it’s raining or humid temps. Also possible with Hand Mixer but recommended standing mixer.
- Make sure egg whites are room temp, I sometimes leave them out, or put them in warm-hot water so they warm up quicker.
- Beat egg whites until foaming quite a bit, then add Salt and Tartar and beat until soft peaks (when you lift the mixer out of the whites peaks should form but then fall down)
- Then keep beating egg whites while slowly adding the Powered Sugar, small amounts at a time. (If using standing mixer you can pour in a steady stream of them slowly).
- Stiff peaks should form (when you lift mixer out peaks should form and they don’t fall down).
- At this point you can slowly add the Coco powder in or vanilla extract/paste slowly while beating the egg whites. Note that it’s best not to use too much of a liquid else it will flatten the meringue.
- Stiff to soft peaks should form. Pipe desired size onto Parchment paper.
- Bake at 175 (convection) or 200 regular for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs, turn off the oven and leave it unopened overnight or bake for 3hrs, take out and let them cool before lifting them off the parchment paper.